Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Fear

Can I just say one thing? I hate having my blood drawn. Yes, I'm an M.A. Yes, I draw people's blood at least 30 times a day. Yes, I make the husband come with me everytime I get it done and Yes I am the worlds biggest baby. It's not even the actual blood draw, when it comes time for it I stick my arm out like a big kid and I close my eyes real tight and I don't flinch and soon enough it's over. After I laugh and say sorry i'm such a wus and that it didn't really hurt and then we move on. The anticipation of it possibly hurting, though, makes me want to vomit... or punch someone in the face. I don't know why but when i'm scared I get mad. Weird quirk.





So anyway, on to what this is really about.. When I freak myself out about a tiny needle going in my arm 1/4 of an inch and taking out a tablespoon of my blood it's dumb because there are definitely bigger fish to fry here...




(WARNING!!! Gruesome details ahead. Discontinue reading if you don't want to talk about child birth and lady parts!!!)




A 7-9 pound baby is going to force it's way through a hole so small I once thought it was impossible to fit a tampon up there. ( I warned you) Thats way scarier. And then I'm left with WTH was I thinking!?!?!?!?!?!


And then I remember this...




We're going to be a family. Theres nothing better than that.

3 comments:

  1. Steph, I was the same way. I cant even watch when my blood gets drawn, I feel like crying when I have to get shots. But it really isn't bad. I didn't think I could do it, but it is totally worth it. It goes by way faster than you would think. And if you go epidural route, it's so simple, you only have to endure a little bit of pressure. I'm so happy for you! You will do great! It will be so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be awkward, but only because you mentioned it am I going to say this.

    I remember when I was 13 at girls camp and you used a tampon for the first time.There was screaming and tears and sooo much laughter.

    You're going to be the most incredible Mommy, Steph. I love you with everything in me and can't wait to meet your beautiful child. You got this! Piece of cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbs- hahaha that was the BEST! I miss you.

    Megan- Thank you so much! That really does put my mind at ease to hear.

    You are both too sweet.

    ReplyDelete