Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Testimony

Last Sunday I bore my testimony in church; it’s been quite a while since I've done so. When I was younger I would waltz up to the stand with no fear and bear my little heart out every few months, this time I was shaking so bad I could hardly contain myself and it took me half the meeting to get out of my seat. I feel like I fall short so often these days. I used to want to be an EFY counselor, I used to be much more open with my feelings on the gospel and I used to feel a little more confident then I do now. I want that back. I want to be confident enough to get up without hesitation and tell the world how much I truly believe in the church. I know I'm so lucky to be where I am and to have what I have and I owe that all to Heavenly Father. I figured the World Wide Web was as good a place as any to share my testimony so here it is! I know without a doubt that He lives and loves every single one of us. I know that Joseph Smith was sent to this earth to translate the Book of Mormon and I know that the Savior lived and died for me, and for you, and for every single person on this earth so that through the repentance process we can return to live with our Father in Heaven. I know that families are forever. A few months ago my Aunt Krysti died while at girls camp and it was really hard for me. I've always been very close to her family and the news devastated me. When I went in to the room to help get her ready for the viewing, I broke down into uncontrollable sobs and felt the saddest I think I’ve ever felt in my entire life. I prayed so hard that night to know why something so horrible could happen to such wonderful people. The next morning I felt much more able to face the situation. It was the first peaceful morning for me since the accident. I think that was the moment when I truly knew that families are forever and that prayers are answered. I know He listens to us and can help us with any trial that comes our way. Sometimes He can't take it away but he can always bring peace and comfort. Later that next day I hugged my uncle and as I was crying he whispered in my ear "Stephanie, It's going to be okay. I want you to know that I'm going to start fixing my life now so that I can be there with you when you get married in the temple. It's sad that your aunt had to die for me to realize it but I'm thankful to realize that now." He was having a hard time truly committing to the gospel and I cried even harder when I heard these words. I never want to be in a position where I'm disconnected from the gospel. I love temples and am so thankful to live so close to one, not just one- many! I’m thankful for the opportunity to be with someone for the rest of eternity through the temple and I'm so thankful to know that my family will be forever. I know Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet who is called of God and I love him dearly. I do my best to follow what he teaches and I'm trying harder every day. Once again, I know this church is true. I would be lost without it. I am thankful for my life, for my testimony, and for the wonderful opportunities I have in my life and in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment