Sunday, September 26, 2010

Tears.

Can I just tell you how thankful I am for a living Prophet? Tonight was the general relief society broadcast and President Monson's message really touched my heart.. I was sitting there wiping my tears as I listened to his wonderful message. It was one of those things where you think to yourself "Did he just say my name? Is this about me? How did he know I needed to hear this?" I thank my lucky stars that I was there tonight.
One of my favorite things he talked about was charity, I thought it was interesting he said "charity is not letting yourself be offended by others". I find myself too often being offended by the things people say to me. I know how important it is that I work on that. Charity is a quality I would like to have in my life more and more everyday. I want to be like the Savior and the Savior is so full of charity. I feel I often lack this quality. Second, he said something that really stuck with me "if you judge others you have no time to love them."
I'm so often saying gossip-y things about others, talking about how they've done something wrong or act a way I wouldn't but, so what? I'm not perfect, everyone knows that. I can't treat people any differently just because they aren't me or they didn't learn the same things I did. The overall theme of the meeting from my eyes was not a "do this, do that, don't forget" type checklist.. it was a simple you be you, let her be her, and love each other no matter what. I love that.
Sometimes I think I forget to love. That sounds weird but let me explain in this quite a bit too long post..I forget to appreciate the things around me. The little things in life that matter so much. I'm so often too selfish. I need to remember the people and things that make me who I am as a person.
I got to talk to my cousin tonight and I think I often forget how important she is to me in my life. I love how close she's been to me ever since we were little. I'm so grateful to have her to talk to, to cry on her shoulder, to be there for her and to know there's always someone out there who's thinking of me and cares about me. She understands my freak outs and doesn't judge me for them. She loves me even though half of our lives I spent bossing her around. I'm so thankful for people like that in my life.
I'm so blessed and I'm so thankful to be where I am today. I'm thankful for every trial, every blessing and for every step along this journey through life. It may not be an easy life but I'm so glad it's mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment