You really need to stop wearing those tattoo necklaces. They're ugly. Keep reading Number the Stars. Even though you think people will think you're a nerd, The seventh time you read it you're going to finally understand it, and you will cry. Be prepared. When I say "be prepared" I'm not just talking about that sudden event of water works, I'm talking about your life. Be prepared for heart wrenching moments.. you have a few of those. I know this doesn't sound like something you would say but I swear on our LIFE that boys aren't all we make them up to be. In fact, most of them aren't worth your time.. but you'll learn that lesson soon enough. Cherish the people around you. Some of them will be gone in the next few years and you'll be left with only fond memories. When mom tells you we're moving- I promise you it's going to be SO much better than your old life just learn to adjust because that one happens twice. When dad tells you he's going to be bishop, don't get upset. It truly is one of the best things that will ever happen to you. Now lets talk about your expectations for me- the almost 20 yr old you. I'm sorry, but you need to lose that dream of becoming a trophy wife so young. Get used to the idea of a mission because nowadays that feels like it might be a better fit. I know that sounds discouraging because marriage is our ultimate goal at your age but I promise you, you're pretty much the hottest thing alive so no need to fret. Trust me when I tell you that if you make Jess eat purple gogurt and then spin on the tire swing for an hour she WILL puke and you will feel horrible. Speaking of Jessica, she's still your twin--attached at the hip. When you leave for Idaho it's going to rock your world. You won't know who you are anymore for the first time ever. It will get better and you'll meet your best friends there. Don't forget who you are and WHOSE you are. It's vital to who you become this year. You're ten times smarter than you think you are. Your brothers grow up to be boys you couldn't live without and you aren't as bad of a driver as mom... You definitely aren't all that good but so far you've avoided all collisions so.. thats a kind of plus. Work will be your getaway. You'll love it when you find the place that fits. Don't forget to listen. Your loud mouth can sometimes get you into trouble. You're going to miss it when dad stops calling you Scooby so tell him how you love it. Don't ever forget you are loved. Always have been and always will be. I know the future seems overwhelming and scary but you'll make it. I promise.
Love,
me
I need to do this.
ReplyDelete